Broaden your frame of reference and implement program management effectively
As organizations mature in their project management initiatives, there comes a natural increase in complexity and sophistication of the project management environment. As more projects compete with increasingly limited resources and grow to support large company initiatives, it becomes critically important to ensure all projects are firmly tied to the organization’s strategic direction.
The Cadence Program Management course delivers this perspective. Attendees will evaluate the scope of projects in their organizations and define programs to support them. Through workshops anchored on familiar project management tools, they will develop a framework around program roles and responsibilities, tools, and the infrastructure necessary to support a mature project management environment effectively. Finally, company leaders will learn how to manage relationships with stakeholders across the organization, while maintaining an environment of innovation and productivity.
About this course
Audience: Presidents, Vice Presidents, Directors, Program Managers, Project Managers
Dates: March 11-13, 2019
Duration: 3 Days
Class Size: 12 participants max
Course Learning Outcomes
- Define your Program: Define a program and show how the projects within it connect to the strategic goals of the company
- Integrated Program Management: Understand the differences between program management and project management
- Drive for Efficiency: Increase the delivery of core program elements
- Leverage the Right Tools: Develop a program Work Breakdown Structure and Responsibility Matrix
- Streamline your Program: Utilize project resources within the program in the most effective manner
- Cultivate a Positive Project Environment: Understand your role in the program, and how you can best serve the project and program environment
- Get the right players on the field: Outline the roles and responsibilities of your program team