John Patton was invited to speak at the Portland State University Technology Management Seminar series graduate seminars. His topic was “Managing Research Projects”. In his talk, he addressed:
- What are the differences between Research and Engineering (Development) projects?
- Does traditional project management stifle creativity in an innovative environment?
- Can invention be scheduled?
- How can project management life cycle be flexible enough to accommodate an environment where changes can occur both rapidly and time-to-market is critical?
- How do leading corporations do it?
PSU has been kind enough to post the presentation on their site. For details, click here.